Prostate cancer is a dangerous, life-threatening condition, which can lead to irreversible consequences. Therefore, a man should never wait until he experiences the condition. Instead, he needs to be always forewarned and ready for actions. To prevent the condition development, you need to start the warning process right away if you found yourself in the risk group.
Typically, medical specialists single out the following triggers, which can influence the appearance and development of prostate cancer:
- Ethnicity. For instance, black males feature a higher risk of cancer development than white. Hispanic men are characterized by a reduced risk of prostate cancer development, etc.;
- Age. The possibility to experience prostate cancer advances as a man ages. Over 80% of people diagnosed with this cancer type are over 65 years old;
- Family history is a traditional trigger of the condition occurrence. In more than 20% of instances, the symptoms of prostate cancer are inherited;
- Considerable genetic changes;
- Unbalanced diet and others.
Possible Prostate Cancer Prevention
While the causes of cancer development can vary greatly, there are several ways to prevent them. Before trying any of them, you need to contact your medical specialist and discuss your personal instance, paying due attention to the accompanying or underlying complications. The vast majority of medical specialists single out two most effective prevention methods, including:
- Hormones and chemoprevention. The advanced level of testosterone can stimulate prostate cancer development. The process which is called androgen deprivation therapy helps to decrease the body production of testosterone, eliminating the risk of cancer and tumor occurrence. Additionally, there is a range of effective medications, which can help you reduce the risk;
- Dietary changes. A high-fat diet and diet rich in legumes, fruit and vegetables and numerous other products are approved to decrease the risk of prostate cancer development.